Articles on Real Estate and Mortgage Industry:
New-Homes Sales are Up…
“Sales of newly constructed homes rose in the beginning of the year. The bad news? It wasn’t enough to ease the housing shortage that is frustrating would-be home buyers across the nation”. -By Clare Trapasso
Investors May Have May Better Luck in 2017 from Fixer-upper Properties
“House flipping is hot again, with investors flipping property at the fastest pace in a decade. Yet behind their walls, that picture-perfect dream home could conceal a nightmare.”—Trent Gillies
Housing Shortage Fuels Price Gains “The number of homes for sale fell to the lowest level in nearly two decades in the fourth quarter, lifting prices and raising concerns that young buyers are being shut out of the market.” By Laura Kusisto
Tensions Escalate at House Hearing on Constitutionality of the CFPB
Mortgage Rates Slightly Lower, but Volatility Looms Mortgage Mortgage rates were lower for the 7th day in a row today, further extending their push into the lowest levels of the month. - By Matthew Graham
“The House Financial Services Committee’s Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations dubbed the hearing “The Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection’s Unconstitutional Design.”- By Brena Swanson
Home Buying Tips for the First-Time Home Buyer Buying your very first home is one of life's biggest thrills, but it comes with a few chills, too. Never fear: We've got first time home buyer tips.
Housing Shortage Fuels Price Gains
“The number of homes for sale fell to the lowest level in nearly two decades in the fourth quarter, lifting prices and raising concerns that young buyers are being shut out of the market.”—Laura Kusisto
Buyers and Realtors Prefer Lender’s Pre-approval Letter
“In the current, competitive housing market, it helps to be able to show a seller you’ve already got your financing ducks in a row, and a letter from the lender can do better.”—Jeff Clabaugh
Real Estate Market Under Trump Administration
“Mortgage applications were hurt by a 13 percent drop in FHA applications, a direct result of a Trump administration move.”—Diana Olick
Real Estate Predicts in 2017
“The Mortgage Bankers Association projected its forecast for the year at the National Mortgage Servicing Conference in Dallas. MBA’s Lynn Fisher explained growth will be steady and modest, but explains why a rate hike in March is a growth possibility.”—Kelsey Ramirez
Fast-Falling Foreclosure Rates Are Pushing Up Your Home’s Value “Falling foreclosure rates are good for the real estate market. Here's how they affect home prices and the homebuying experience.”—Erik J. Martin
How Reliable Are Online Home Value Estimators? “Home value estimates vary widely, depending on the method used. Online tools can provide interesting information, but don't expect them to be as accurate as a real appraisal.”—Craig Berry
How President Trump Will Change the U.S. Housing Market?
We do know that the incoming president will limit the federal government’s role in the real estate market, as was outlined in the 66-page Republican Platform 2016.
Higher Interest Rates are Coming Back
The Federal Reserve is expected to raise its key interest rate on Wednesday. It would be only its second rate hike since 2006. The first was in December 2015.
10 Tips Most First-Time Home Buyers Don't Consider
The First-Time Home Buyers should have home work before start the home shopping. It is good to have a qualified Realtor and Loan Officer at this time.
Becoming a Landlord is Just a Click Away
“Small investors are getting a boost from firms using extensive data to help them become owners of rental homes in cities across the country.”—Diana Olick
FHA Insurance Rate Cut Offsets Some Interest Rate Increases For Homebuyers
“FHA insurance premiums have fallen from .85 percent for most people to .60 percent. That's a nice chunk of change, but it may not be the last reduction we see.”—Peter Miller
Top Takeaways From HUD Secretary Nominee Ben Carson's Senate Hearing
Senators on both sides of the aisle questioned how neurosurgeon and former presidential candidate Ben Carson would address housing issues throughout the country if he becomes the next secretary of the U.S HUD.
Previous Month Artcles:
- “Mortgage Applications Up 5.5%, as Fear of Rising Rates Triggers Homebuying Surge” ‘A post-election spike in mortgage rates may have scared potential homebuyers into a contract before rates move even higher’—By Diana Olick
- “Homeowners Twice as House Rich as Five Years Ago” ‘The amount of equity homeowners now have, that is, the value outside their mortgage debt, has doubled in the last five years, according to CoreLogic’—By Diana Olick
‘It’s not even Black Friday or Cyber Monday yet, but buyers may already be able to score a discount (though just a tiny one) on the homes of their dreams.’—By Clare Trapasso
4. “2016 Homebuyer Survey Contains Valuable Information for Agents and Home Sellers” One of the most useful research projects of the National Association of REALTORS (NAR) is the annual survey of homebuyers and sellers. It is particularly useful because it shows sellers and their agents what works and what sources buyers use to find their new homes’—By Bob Hunt. Click here for details.
4. “Buying a Home Over the Holidays: The Smartest Real Estate Decision You Can Make” ‘When it comes to homebuying around the holidays, its advantage: buyer. With so many distractions between Halloween and New Year’s Day, you can slide right in there and make a smart move.’—By Jaymi Naciri
6. "First-time home buyers will drive 2017 existing-home sales"
In 2017, sales of existing homes are forecast to grow roughly 2% to around 5.46 million and conitnue with more prominent jump of 4% in 2018 (5.68 million), according to NAR chief economist, Lawrence You. Click here for details.
7. "The 10 Metros That Need New Housing Construction the Most”
The lack of new construction on homes is making that shortage even worse—particularly in some of the country’s biggest, priciest, and most overcrowded cities. Click here for details.
8. "Panic in Housing Market as Trump Effect Pushes Mortgage Rates to 4%”
‘Mortgage rates have now moved nearly half a percentage point higher since Donald Trump was elected president.
9. "Will Rising Rates Make Home Buying Easier in 2017?”
Mortgage rates are keeping homes affordable, but competition is fierce. Will raising rates cool the market and make home buying easier in 2017?’—by THE NEWSDESK
10. “Boomerang Buyers Can Get A Mortgage After Deed In Lieu of Foreclosure"
So, can you get a new mortgage after a deed in lieu of foreclosure? In many cases, you can. Here are the programs you may use, and what it takes to get approved.’
11. “NAR: Buyers Under 37 Dominate Today’s Housing Market”
Young buyers have begun to realize that buying a home is becoming cheaper than renting—which in turn stimulates their desires to find a home of their own, specifically somewhere that they can put down their roots for the long haul.
12. “VA Mortgages: The VA Loan Eligibility Reference Guide”
‘The VA mortgage program is a homeownership benefit available to U.S. military personnel, veterans, spouses, and families. A complete reference guide’—by Dan Green